Monday, April 16, 2012

Rare pets get revenge on killers

So today I was walking along in the Molten Front when NPC scan decides to blast my ear off (I should really adjust the volume of that thing).
Anthriss had spawned. However due to me having no desire for said pet, I alerted the general channel of my findings.
Enter a fellow Night Elf hunter. I decided to watch him and see how he goes.
Midway through his trials, an Undead arcane mage comes along and decides he wants to deny the hunter of his pet.
So he buffs up, fires off a couple of Arcane Blasts and as expected Anthriss turns to him, righteous fury burning in his eyes.
Anthriss strolled right up to that mage and swiftly returned him back to the grave.
Needless to say, the mage learnt his lesson and the hunter went on his merry way, faithful spider by his side.

So tell me denizens of the Hunter forums, what stories have you?
nice, i love stories like that
i have none but i want that spider now just because it blew up a mage. i love that spider now. good riddance to the mage. i hope that hunter paraded that pet around the mage.
I will share with you the story of my beloved spider, Orangepeel.

I found Orangepeel hiding in the lava of the cave I do dailies in. I didn't know if I wanted Orangepeel. But there he was. All sitting there, in lava. Being a spider. So I shrugged, threw on aspect of the cheetah, tossed a slow trap, and began kiting. A DK appears. They channel their entire ghoul army spell, /lol, and attack.

Orangepeel (then named Solix) turns, devours the DK, and continues as if nothing happened.

By now I'm laughing so hard I can barely run straight. Before my eyes, not one, not two, but four more people attempt to 'help' and are oneshot. By now I'm kiting Orangey over corpses and almost in tears from laughing. Thankfully I happen to notice his energy down to 25 and start taming. The tame completes. I decide to name my new best friend after his two most noticeable traits -- his color, and the fact that you'd have had to peel his victims off the ground when he was done with them.

I love Orangepeel, so much.
I enjoy sitting on the Kirix tame rock and counting in /1

record atm is 19


Deleted by Jasmína
Once Magria spawned.

Overjoyed at my pet, I bounded off after him while taking of my gear to survive the tame.

Meanwhile I enjoyed pallys and mages attack him, while they were promptly torn apart.

Finally I began taming, when a nelf hunter went and pulled aggro off me and ninja'd the tame.

/sadface
I also sat back and watched Kirix kill people earlier today until a hunter finally got the tame. It was pretty hilarious seeing 20+ skeletons around him.
While doing the Perfecting Your Howl daily Magria spawned on top of me, and while I was quickly stripping he'd gathered an audience of a NElf Druid and a BElf Pally chasing it. After I initiated the tame the Druid immediately unleashed his Wrath on Mag, was insta-killed, and I went back to taming it and got him. The BElf laughed at him and congratulated me on my efforts.

Nice watching griefers get owned, and I was laughing at his misfortune for a good while.

I've also used Eagle Eye to watch Kirix pwn an ungodly amount of Hunters before anyone is able to get him. Once a couple DK's were there Death Gripping the spider onto anyone who wanted to tame it which was evil, but hilarious.
I just had ban'thalos killed on me by 2 Mages, 1 Ally and I horde. In an angered rage i went and "talked" to both, briefly and explained to them what vengance means.
Nice stories. :) Unfortunately, I don't have any of my own.
Neither do I as I haven't attempted to do it yet but very nice. Although I am a bit confused, and maybe it's just because I haven't paid much attention but if the spiders are one shotting everyone, how didn't they one shot you? Did Blizz make it that anyone attacking them and not a Hunter would be one shot by them?
Deleted by Jasmína
While doing the Druids of the Talon daily quest involving bombing people on a fire hawk today, I happened to fly by Deth'tilac's spawn and saw that he was there. I immediately ordered the fire hawk to turn back and swiftly made my way over to him.

When I arrived there, I saw the regular group of players doing the Shadow Wardens quests. I ran back behind that area and started my adventure of taming Deth'tilac. Being that he is indeed a giant purple, menacing spider, people noticed him moving out and about and came behind to see what was going on.

Sure enough, some Hordies hop in and decide that it'd be funny to attack me to try to stop the tame. Unfortunately for them, they decided to use an AoE and happened to attack Deth'tilac. Seeing Deth'tilac damaged, I immediately feigned death and watched not one, but three Hordies suffer the wrath of Deth Strike. Later, I thanked them in assisting me tame him, as I wouldn't have gotten the tame if it weren't for them dying, I would not have made it.
Now, this is the story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suite case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait, I hear the prissy, booze, whine, all that
Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well uh, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet.
I just got here!
I sprang with the quickness, like lightening disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say is that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Man forget it' - 'Yo home to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked to my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

The story would have been cool if anthriss killed the hunter, then the mage comes back to kill the spider, claiming a fresh tear...
Killed Skitterflame today just for the fun of it all, you guys should try it sometime :D
Some people like to collect pets, myself among that number. Anyone who kills a rare mob "for fun" is a disgrace. Just because you have the pet already or have no desire to tame it doesnt mean everyone else feels the same way. Why is that some people want to take the fun of the game away from everyone else in order to feed their cruel sense of humor?
What I'm getting at is have some damn respect for the many other people worldwide that play the game. If you cant handle that, go play Mario, then it's just you and the in-game baddies and you dont have to worry about anyone raining on your hideous parade.
Hm. I was the first to find Deth'tilac today upon his second spawn. I knew the tactics, but of course I died the first 2 times. I knew other hunters would find out quickly enough of Deth's existence, so I spammed gchat for help. I never got it, of course. However, on my third try, just recovering from ressing, a hunter was behind me. I knew how it would end. Unfortunately for me, he was in full Vicious, and I wasn't.

Needless to say, I was pissed. I eventually got another friend to help me shove him away, only to find that another hunter and a priest, these on my side, had already engaged Deth and proceeded attempting to bring him down. The alliance hunter from before came back and waited. No, he didn't attack the two newcomers. He waited...at least until he saw me, at which point he proceeded to camp my corpse. Again. It was obvious he was planning on taking Deth without doing any sort of work.

The horde hunter died, and the priest managed to somehow get him down to tameable health. Yes, what I did next was not honorable. But I took Deth after a couple tame tries, thanks again to my warrior friend driving off the alliance. It wasn't long before I got a somewhat unfriendly whisper from the hunter.

I assured him that, yes, I'd been waiting for him for a while, and it didn't seem fair to me to have been chased off by alliance and then have someone else take it. Of course, acknowledging that what I did wasn't very fair either, I promised to help him get Deth as soon as he sees him. So now I'm waiting for when I'm needed, and I'm going to live up to that promise.
Have you ever seen Kirix (who has now been renamed Rimsie)?

Have you ever seen at least 5 people "try" to get in melee distance with him?

Now Imagine in this fantastical land of Azeroth that said Kirix poisons and then proceeds to devour said alli.

The imagination can only go so far when you see 5 people get PWNed and never learn

Happy Hunting:D

No comments:

Post a Comment