Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Couple of hunter questions.... bear with me?

Hello.

I recently started on another world where some more irl friends of mine are. After trying warrior and mage, I chose hunter due to their fame as a solo class, and their very speedy leveling. I chose a troll as my race, since a bow bonus, coupled with an enrage dps increase, and not to mention the famous experience bonus for killing beasts seems just too godly to me. My goal is to level to 85 within a reasonable time, and get some heirlooms to make the mage and warrior alts easier to use. I tried marksmanship, but aimed shot seemed just too slow for me. Respecced into survival and loved explosive shot every bit as much as I loved it on my allie hunter.

I pvp a LOT. I had a human hunter on the alliance, and even without BoA's I still put arrows through anything that moved until they ceased said movement with little trouble. However, on this toon (DK) in BG's, when I spot an opposing hunter I don't think "oh boy pointy things in my heart", but more "oh boy a free KB". Sadly this turns out to be the case. Its a matter of mere deathgrip, my CoI root, and he is toast.

On my troll I got my first taste of pvp near razor hill when I spotted a nelf druid battling a troll priest. He was some 7 levels above me. I still had almost no trouble in downing him, similar to my rampages as a human hunter.

Enough story, here are my questions:

1. Are hunters speedy at leveling and good at soloing?

2. Where pvp stands now, hunters in lower BG brackets are completely overpowered, but in higher brackets they can be sliced down like a statue of butter. Is it possible that the "honor farms" I faced on my DK are simply bad players? Or is it more of a matter of abilities and balance rather than skill?

3. What is premier pvp spec and leveling spec? Ive read several guides updated for cataclysm, and all say completely different things in terms of specs.

Thank you hunter community for answering my questions in advance.


1. They're flipping amazing at both.
2. It's hard to firmly grasp describing how to play a hunter, but those who you were facing were obviously bad players, since I kite DK's all day and night. But your case might be the same as mine. One little piece of advice for PvPing is go questing without your pet! Then you can learn how to kite without your lovely tenactiy pet tanking for you.
3. All specs can be vital in PvP, but the best IMO is MM. But the thing with that, is it's only good in 1v1, BM is the way to go once you spec into "The Beast within" at ~65.

I hope my response helps you, and if you need to ask more questions, ask away!
Deleted by Chargrilled

No comments:

Post a Comment