Saturday, April 21, 2012

are core hounds somewhat unpopular

again no cliche pets like wolfs or cats which is sad to see so many people using when thereis all of these unique animals and there forced with cliches because of the buffs
i love my corehounds. I have chromagus and the white one from the drenai starting zone. The issue with corehounds is that they arent the best at anything. Their advantages are pretty awesome though. A casting slow and a personal blood lust. The issue is in PvP a snare or stun outweighs the need for a casting slow and the personal bloodlusts cooldown makes it unreasonable when compared to shorter cooldowns. In PVE other pets boost your damage more and the abilities are unneeded as in most raids you have a source of bloodlust and the casting slow is usually ineffective.
You need to be BM to use a corehound. So you will see less of them around than other pets.

I hope I never have to touch the BM spec again myself since I hate that spec with a passion.

Being forced to use it in BC was enough for me.
You need to be BM to use a corehound. So you will see less of them around than other pets.

I hope I never have to touch the BM spec again myself since I hate that spec with a passion.

Being forced to use it in BC was enough for me.


Strangely enough, I feel exactly the same way about MM.

I detest it and hated having to do it during Wrath.
I love core hounds! Their buff is great to pull out if there are no mages to cast it, ancient hysteria i mean. When im BM i usually use a spirit beast like karoma or Gondria, but i pull out my Core hound a bit. The problem is that in general, BM pulls less DPS than MM. Those are my specs but lately i've been rollin as MM
I've seen at least 5k hounds on my realm tbh.
It's all about the buff for me. When I was raiding, we had several consistent raiding Shamans, and mages so Ancient Hysteria was rarely required.

Because you can't use Ancient Hysteria in arenas and rated bgs, that makes Core Hound a pretty unattractive pet there.

But just on its own merits, I love my corehound for the skin, the roar, the whole look and feel of the pet. I wish I had more opportunities to use it seriously.

I would love to tame Chromagus, but sadly I don't use BM much anymore. I loved my Corehound in PvP and PvE. When I was doing Randoms, I just used my Corehound because he was cool and then I would Bloodlust on the Boss when I felt like it instead of waiting the Restro/Ele Shaman or Mage in the group.
I loved playing as BM in WOTLK PVP with The Beast from LBRS. He showed as ? level and boss tag, it was funny imagining the 'wtf?!'s coming from people who were fighting then suddenly had a huge Boss mob eating their face!
You need to be BM to use a corehound. So you will see less of them around than other pets.

I hope I never have to touch the BM spec again myself since I hate that spec with a passion.

Being forced to use it in BC was enough for me.


Survival hunters were more than viable back then. They didn't do the damage BM did, but they provided an amazing buff to physical dps classes.

So, with that said, you had other options. You chose not to use them, though.


Since I was not being asked to bring the buff but was being questioned why I was once the top DPS and top hunter and dropped below the other two hunters who adopted the one button macro BM spec I had no choice but to change my spec so that I could bring what I was being asked to bring to the raid. DPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment