Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aspect dancing macro issues. Need help!!!!!!

For a long time I have been using aspect dancing macros for cobra shots and things like that. some examples are as follows.

#showtooltip aimed shot
/cancelaura deterrence
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
/cast aimed shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

For aimed shot

#showtooltip Arcane shot
/cancelaura deterrence
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
/targetenemy [noexists, noharm, dead]
/stopmacro [noexists, noharm, dead]
/startattack
/cast arcane shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

For arcane shot

#showtooltip cobra shot
/cancelaura deterrence
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the fox, null
/cast cobra shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

For cobra shot

#showtooltip steady shot
/cancelaura deterrence
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the fox, null
/cast steady shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

For steady shot

#showtooptip chimera shot
/cancelaura deterrence
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
/targetenemy [noexists, noharm, dead]
/stopmacro [noexists, noharm, dead]
/startattack
/cast chimera shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

For chimera shot

These are just some examples, and the issue basiclly is, most of the time these work perfectly. MOST OF THE TIME. Sometimes, ill be stuck in aspect of the hawk trying to spam steady shots while taking damage but doing none, or notice I'm still in fox while casting an aimed shot or firing off arcane shots. This occurs once in a blue moon.

For me, that is too often, and unacceptable.

Is there anything, and i mean ANYTHING wrong with these macros? Or is the hunter class' clunky design and buggy downfalls getting the better of me? Maybe the aspect switching has some sort of internal CD or something that can get out of sync with my shots?
(also I posted this yesterday but cant seem to search it because of some website errors. Thanks blizz.)

Would like any advice you can give.

I notice it most often when i transition into an aimed shot right after casting a steady or when i try to steady shot and i fail to change aspects. Notice it seldom but still occasionally occurs with other shots.
Here's a link to an older thread about aspect changing macro issues with Steady Shot and Aimed Shot. From what you're experiencing it sounds like it might still apply.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140264085

Sounds to me like you need better spam control. What I mean by that is, spamming the macros/shots to fast will sometimes make them stick. I know its tough but spamming Arcane 6 times while your waiting on steady may mess up the Hawk GCD.

I changed the macro for Fox/Hawk to:

/castsequence reset=2 !Aspect of the fox, null

reset=2 seems to help a bit.

In addition have you tried using action bar swaps? Following link shows you how to set it up.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/180279-hunter-macro-thread/

Bottom line I think spam control may be your problem. Its tough when you really need that shot but addons like Serenity really help control your nerves by showing you a steady shot timer. Aspect GCD is the issue, at least in my case, and spam control has been the answer for me.

Hope I didn't babble on about something you aren't talking about. If I did this won't make any sense to you. If I got it right I hope it helps.
No, its fine. I appreciate it, thanks :D. But yea, spam is something im gonna be doing. When it comes to killing people and the difference is the shot getting off before the heal, it's unavoidable.
so i may try using 2 instead of 1.
for my macros i just do
for example:

#showtooltip steady shot
/cast !aspect of the fox
/cast steady shot

and then the same thing except with hawk for my damaging shots.

It seems to work well about 99% of the time and rarely will mess up maybe due to some ms lagg or maybe its a bug idk but its still gonna be kinda clunky regardless of the macros used.


i wish that blizzard would jus make it so aspects dont have their own GCD thats seperate from other abilities cus that would take away the clunkiness.
I found stance macros clunky. Since they have their own gcd I just bound my f keys to the different aspects and can manually switch at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment