Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pet ability Prowl

Recently ive been trying to collect a few cool looking cat pets but when I tame one it goes into Prowl straight away and I cant get it back out. I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it, even change specs then re do the pets talent tree but nothing seems to work. It happens to every cat pet I tame and I was wondering if this happens to anyone else??
Its rather frustrating and I end up having to abandon the pet :|
help anyone??
right click prowl so there is no dotted line going around the ability and have him break stealth by attacking
haha cant believe I didnt think of that :P
thanks heaps!
Yeah, it's a major bug. I've brought it up in a ticket, and they said they're going to look into it (the GM I spoke to didn't believe me at first and was telling me bogus advice. I kept trying to tell him that the ONLY thing that removes the stealth is to make sure the pet doesn't auto-stealth, and then put the pet into combat...like make it attack a critter or a training dummy....and if I don't do that, and just try to click on the stealth ability, it says something stupid like "you can't do that right now"....finally he "gave up" and said he'll have Quality Assurance look into it...)....but that was a while ago, and considering that you've posted this recently, it means that they still haven't fixed it....maybe they're waiting to bring in the fix in 4.3, which kinda sucks....OR maybe they still haven't tested it, because they didn't believe me.... The bug also affects Spirit Beasts BTW, not just cats.
Facepalming so hard now.
Unfortunately it's a bug that's been around since cataclysm. It's gotten to the point where I tame a cat and hope there's a critter near by for me to have it attack so that I can get it out of prowl. Until it's fixed, ie the twelfth of never, we will just have to live with not being able to use prowl for our pets unless there's something nearby for it to attack and pull it out of stealth again.
disabling auto-stealth, dismissing and summoning works too.

handy for when you don't have anything you can sic your cat on.


edit: whup, doesn't work like that anymore.
Yes, I've tried taking off auto-stealth, then dismissing/re-summoning (this was one of the bogus pieces of advice our friendly GM gave to me) It doesn't work....I've tried it repeatedly and to no effect. The only thing that takes it permanently out of stealth (assuming that you've already turned off auto-stealth) is to have it attack something (like a rat by the tram in Ironforge (best critter to do it on, because it's a guarantee that your pet will get into combat with those rats (sometimes it doesn't work with other critters...it's weird like that...), or a target dummy, probably your best option).

No comments:

Post a Comment