Saturday, April 14, 2012

a question for the smart hunters

[:1]hey guys i have a level 65 hunter. im wondering which spec will get me the most dps at my level. and maybe a look at what the spec should be like? please and thank you in advance
well since you wont be able to get your last spell that makes the class you might wanna go mm for aim shot
One through nine, no numbers, no surprises, no fractions. You can't travel in space, you can't go out into space, you know without, like, you know, uh, with fractions. What are you going to land on, one-quarter, three-eighths? What are you going to do when you go from here to Venus or something? That's dialectic physics.
well whats the last spell that makes the class? lol
They are speaking about the bottom talent in the trees. This is usually a move/spell.

BM gets extra pet points
MM gets Chimera Shot
SV gets Black Arrow
Survival does well at the lower levels. Who is this Ontap guy and what is he always posting? Is it song lyrics?
Survival and MM are my preferred specs.

I often see better results from MM with aimed shot. If I get to multiple targets, I focus my turtle on keeping aggro while I kill one by one. This is my "safe" spec.

If I want more excitement I play Survival. I send my turtle to gather a group of mobs (4 -6) and then use explosive trap and Multi-Shot (apply serpent sting). Then explosive shot and steady shot to kill one by one.

If I pull aggro, I feign death or lay a freeze trap or Wyvern sting. This keeps things interesting.

For dungeons at this level I go with either spec, but I see more and bigger yellow numbers in MM spec. Multi-Shot is your friend when dealing with trash.

Have fun.
Go MM, stay MM. Your not asking about play style your asking about DPS, which is MM 100% :)

Unless the few fights with adds in firelands where a surv hunter will pull through... but at your level you don't even need to worry about that.
Pure DPS, It's MM hands down. Survival is fun to play. I'm BM because I like to be on the bottom of every DPS meter in the game. It's fun to watch when I out damage other people on over-all Damage meters. hehe...
If you ask me, going by just the last talents is a little too condensed of a view. It doesn't give a good view of the actually mechanic of the build as a whole.

BM's Intimidation doesn't get used all that often. It's not really a dps talent either. But the build itself is decent for leveling. A lot of talents are focused around the pet.

MM's Aimed Shot is quite noteworthy since you can practically one shot everything while leveling. The talents of the tree are mostly focused on more damage.

SV gets explosive shot, but the talent tree as a whole doesn't really come into its own til very late in the build. Many early talents have more of a defensive nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment