Saturday, April 14, 2012

Marksmanship PvP help wanted.

[:1]I have recently begun to enjoy PvP on my hunter.I have several questions. Note that at the moment I am set up for PvE. Not PvP.

What is the current marksmanship PvP spec and glyphs I should use. I tried bm and I tried Marskman and I seem to enjoy marks better. I don't plan on doing any arena's. Just casual bg's.

What type of pet is the best? I have a spider that I use. I also have a dog, and a cat that I could use. Some tell me spiders. Others say bats. Im just not sure.

How do I gem? What is my stat priority for PvP? Why gem / enchant for spell pen and when do I gem for pen? Any help is vastly vastly appreciated.

What aspect do I generally use for Pvp. I have been using fox and it seems to work for me.

I am currently starting with no gear at all so I am seeking before I mess up my gear.
Just a few more questions. What spec do I use for my pets for PvP. What one for cats and which one for spiders?
1. a.Look at my secondary stats on my armory
b.My glyphs probably wouldn't be seen as correct as most use chimera over steady shot but other than that important ones are kill shot, arcane, disengage, freezing trap/concussive shot, and Master's call.

2. I like my cat for solo PvP but for BGs I would suggest a spider or crab. Dogs will work just as well as crabs if you prefer it.

3. Gem for agi and any blue sockets you have for spell pen (aim for 220). for yellow sockets if you need them for an agi socket bonus use agi/resilience.

5% Hit>Res>Agi>Crit>Mastery>Haste + @220 SpellPen

4. You will want to switch back and forth between Hawk and Fox frequently. If you are on the move and/or focus starved use fox. If you are standing still and have plenty of focus use Hawk.
I've found it best to macro the 2 so its easier to switch.

edit: for pet talents look at my cat truffles and my crab Duncan. Specing into wild hunt is best for burst which is what you will want for pvp.

Deleted by Bullz
You seem pretty new at PVP, so read this sticky:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/184841-cataclysm-hunter-pvp-beginners-guide/

Once you understand it you may have a better idea of what the hunters above me are talking about.
Drop the pts in Sic Em and One With Nature and put them in Entrapment imo. Youll lose a little ap and the pet isnt your main damage so focus isnt as important as staying alive. Also I recommend getting the crafted set.

You wont hit nearly as hard but you are also a glass cannon right now. Whats more important? Doing massive damage and going down in 4 hits or doing medium damage and staying alive longer to output MORE damage?

No comments:

Post a Comment